Blogging awards are wonderful. They represent the readers and let me know that yes! people do read what I write. The blogging community is exactly that, a community and I am so happy to be a part of it! Reading, writing and sharing together.
A few things about me:
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? I can’t say I really have one. Probably Marx in theory but I’m not entirely committed to that answer.
2. What is your favorite number? 32! I’m 32 years young- it’s a great number…until September anyhow.
3. What is your favorite animal? Dogs because they love you no matter what!
4. What are your Facebook/Twitter URL’s? No FB for this blog BUT I do have a Facebook page for the charity event I help organize. It’s http://www.facebook.com/pages/Souris-Charity-Bike-Tour/124213094266070
This year we’re putting on a walking, running and cycling event to raise money for school building projects for girls in developing nations as well as for a local project here at home. It feels so good to help others and educating girls is a really really good reason to volunteer. You don’t just make an immediate impact, you change the future for the better!
5. What is your favorite time of day? First thing in the morning. That’s when the energy in my world is clearest and when I have the most ambition…I especially like it when I wake up earlier than my kids…Then it’s a nice quiet morning, for a little while anyhow.
6. What was your favorite vacation? I really liked the four MS bike rides I did, in particular the last one because it was a weekend on a bicycle without my kids. Don’t get me wrong, I love ’em but I also love two uninterrupted days on a bike for a good cause.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Hmmmmm, it’s starting to be jogging which happened because I no longer had time for long highway bike rides. I discovered the frugality as well as the peacefulness of jogging for half and hour with nothing but an ipod.
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?Why, chai tea of course!
9. What is your favorite flower? This year it’s hollyhocks but it changes.
10. What is your passion? My family and what I feed them. Nothing makes me happier than when my kids ask for healthy snacks and then joyfully gobble them up