This is exciting…another award!Now I know that bog awards are…well… not really awards. They don’t come with a panel of judges who’ve unanimously decreed that your blog is fantastic. Blog awards are sort of more of a community thing- members of the blogoshere nominate your blog for awards like the Leibster and in doing so attract new readers to your page. The catch is that you pay it forward.
Award stipulations state that I must list 11 random facts about myself.
- I love to eat raspberries first thing in the morning, when they’re still wet with dew.
- I have a serious scone addiction. My favorite recipe is lemon cranberry.
- I write a food column with the Westman Journal– this is a big deal for me because this is another place where I get to share my food obsession AND promote seasonal, local food choices.
- I recently gave up the cello (which I really wasn’t good at) and began learning the harp.
- I am getting used to picking potato bugs
- I teach yoga and love it but I harbor a secret desire to let my tiger out and lead a zumba class (this desire is well repressed).
- When I was 20, I bought a 1985 Toyota corolla hatchback, filled it with everything I owned and drove from Winnipeg to Montreal and then all the way back to Vancouver, selling merchandise for some bubble gum punk rock bands.
- Before I was a writer, a mother, an esthetician and a yoga leader, I was a make-up artist. I loved it but I never made any money.
- This is certainly not an unknown fact about me but it bears repeating- I am a gardening nerd. Never Ending Radical Dudette- I love gardening, even if I doesn’t know a whole lot about it yet.
- When I was seven we moved from Manitoba to the Northwest Territories. When I was eight, my grandparents brought us kids back ‘home’ for the summer holidays. When we crossed the border from Sask to MB, I screamed, “stop the car!” then I got out and kissed the ground. It tasted bad.
- My first born child is named after the guy who wrote the current version of the Canadian national anthem. You can’t get more patriotic than that.
The next stipulation is that I answer the following questions:
When was the last time someone made you laugh really hard? John Pinette’s tirade about turnips. Bahahahaha!
When you woke up this morning, what was the first thought that ran through your head? (Skip to the second thing if the first isn’t clean!) Yay! Yoga with Susan…oh man, I’m tired.
Look behind you, what do you see? (I’m choosing to answer this literally) Broken tiles I’ll have to learn how to fix.
What is the most important thing about you and why? I strive to be truthful and real. No faking it.
What country (that you haven’t been to) would you love to visit and why? I haven’t been to many countries… I’ve always wanted to go to France. I love cycling so my ideal trip would be biking from market to market. Eating and biking, what could be better?
Think of the stupidest thing you have ever done and share it with us. Okay, maybe the second stupidest thing.It’s not suitable for public audiences.
Dog, cat or fish and why? Dog of course. Cats are so freakin moody I can’t handle it. Plus…I’m the boss!
Do you speak another language, what is it, and if you don’t, what language would you like to learn and why? I grew up in a french speaking town so I am bilingual albeit with a crazy accent. My Spanish is so-so.
One word to describe yourself. Busy…content…Contizzy
What was the best present you ever received and why? hmmmm, right now I’d have to say time. If you have young kids, you’ll understand why.
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see fireworks? “SHIT” I should be in bed. The kids are going to be up in a few hours.
Here is my list of blogs that I would like to nominate for the Liebster award.
- Farmgirl school A blog about learning to be a farm girl.
- Laugh in the Sun Funny!
- Adknits cute and super talented work here.
- Maggie’s One Butt Kitchen Funny and delicious!
- Our Gay Holiday heh heh I had to include this. It was my fist attempt at blogging. You have to read it back to front but there’s some pretty funny stuff in there.
These are the Liebster award rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog. Thank you Marissa Othon at Front Porch and Candlelight.
- List 11 random facts about yourself. OK
- Answer the 11 questions given to you. Ooops did this twice…
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate. (They can chose from the 22 questions on this page).
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs. I don’t follow too many bloggers because I really really don’t have time to read that much…although I would love to. I’ve narrowed it down to five.
- Go to each bloggers’ page and let them know you have nominated them.
Here are your questions:
- Beer or wine or neither? Wine
- Favorite movie and why? Love in the Time of Cholera…because it started with such a great book and Latin men are dreamy!
- If you could have a whole day to yourself, how would you spend it? Not having to hurry to do anything.
- Greatest regret? What’s the point in regret?
- Biggest accomplishment? Publishing my first kids eBook, The Macadamia Nut Emergency.
- What’s your first thing people notice about you? My eyes…I think.
- Guilty pleasure? Dehydrated coconut…and scones of course.
- Finish this sentence: I hate it when ___________. I try not to hate anything. It makes you darker inside. I strongly dislike picking the gooey remains out of the compost pail when I dump it in the middle of winter.
- What was your first job? I worked at a pharmacy when I was 14. Most boring job ever. To this day I strongly dislike the smell of wet dust because that’s all I did- dust, dust, dust.
- If there was a quote you could live by, what would it be? Never assume anything, it makes an ass out of ‘u’ and ‘me’.
- Favorite take-out food? Vietnamese…but you can’t get that here, we live in the middle of nowhere. I miss Vietnamese food.